Standard Nigeria Passport - Green cover
All Nigerians by birth , naturalization and registration This is the most commonly used travel document in Nigeria.
Explanatory Note: No Nigerian is allowed to hold multiple standard passport
HOW TO APPLY FOR A NIGERIAN PASSPORT :
E-PASSPORTS MAY NOT BE RENEWED OR EXTENDED, ONCE EXPIRED, YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR A NEW PASSPORT.
PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES FULLY BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION
THE FEE FOR THE NIGERIAN E(ECOWAS) PASSPORT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Minor(0 to 17 years old)
Adult (18 to 59 years old)
Senior (60 and above)
General Documents required for interview:
- Local Government letter of identification.
- Birth certificate / age declaration.
- 2 recent colour passport photographs
- Guarantor's form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge
- Parents' letter of consent for minors under 16 years
- Marriage certificate where applicable
- Police report in case of lost passport
- Submit application with supporting documents to passport office / Embassy / High commission.
PAYMENT FOR NIGERIAN WHO ARE RESIDENCE IN SWITZERLAND
If you select a processing country other than Nigeria, your payment will be in US Dollars. You will be re-directed to an approved payment platform to complete your application and make your payment in US Dollars.
- Have a Credit Card ready.
- Go to our website https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport for the electronic application.
- Select Standard E-PASSPORT – The Official E-Passport is ONLY for Government Officials travelling abroad
- Select SWITZERLAND as processing country and BERN as Office of Application.
- Click on “START APPLICATION’. Choose from GOOGLE or YAHOO and create an account or if you have one, SIGN IN.
- Complete the application online and print out a copy of the completed application before you submit for payment.
- Complete the application for – PRINT – click submit
- On successful submission of your application, you will come to a page that will contain your reference ID which will also be emailed to you from the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) – Close the screen to proceed to payment or to input further applications (UP to 6 applications)
- Select method of payment (Master, Visa or American Express) and follow relevant steps.
Note: You may choose to exit the application to make payment at a later stage. To return, go to www.innovate1.com and sign in.
- Upon making your electronic payment or after having entered and submitted your credit card details, you will first be e-mailed an acknowledgement. Please allow minutes for receipt of a confirmation payment e-mail from Innovate1 service.
- Print out your receipt/acknowledgement slip.
- Then call (+41313842600) the Embassy to make appointment, as Passport day is only on THURSDAY`S OF EVERY WEEK.
- EVERY APPLICANT MUST ATTEND AND BRING THIS DOCUMENT IN PERSON ON THE GIVEN INTERVIEW DATE BETWEEN 9am – 12.30pm only on THURSDAY. Please take note that
Note:NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 12.30PM
Note: APPLICANTS MAY RESCHEDULE THE INTERVIEW DATE. Please call +41313842600
Note: ALL APPLICATIONS ARE VALID FOR A PERIOD OF SIX (6) MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF SUBMISSION ONCE THE TIME HAS LAPSED, APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO RE-APPLY AND MAKE ANOTHER PAYMENT.
DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION (PER APPLICANT) AT INTERVIEW:
- (1) Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
- (2) Payment Confirmation Slip
- (3) Sfr 50.00 cash payable at Embassy of Nigeria (processing fee- For all types of applications)
- (4) Expired Nigerian passport (if not presented, will be considered lost passport) and photocopy of the data page (which clearly shows photograph, Photocopy of the data page (which clearly shows photograph, full name and date of birth)
- 2 passport Photographs are ONLY required for file purpose
- Every applicant must appear in person at the Embassy for finger and thumb printing necessary to produce the E-passport.
- Copy of Swiss residence Permit or Swiss passport
- (5) Sfr2.00 for purchase of file
FOR MINORS (First time Applicants):
Note: THE E-PASSPORT DOES NOT ALLOW CHILD ENDORSEMENT, PARENTS SHOULD APPLY FOR INDIVIDUAL PASSPORT FOR EACH CHILD, THIS INCLUDES NEWLY BORN INFANTS.
- Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- Signed letter of CONSENT from the FATHER. – signature should match the signature on his passport and name should match those on the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of parents’ passports (Data Page)
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of the child`s Swiss residence permit or Swiss passport
ADULT (FIRST TIME APPLICANT)
- Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Copy of the applicant Swiss residence permit or Swiss passport